I'm still sorting through all the people in this circle share (about 25% through now), but one thing has struck me so far: a lot of the people have made comments on how the interaction aspect of G+ is what brings quality into the G+ network. Unfortunately, following interaction is still a bit challenging. We have:
– circles to follow posts that people make
– circles to limit audience for a post that we make
– notifications to 'follow' comments à la forum-style
– hangouts to converse in realtime and meet new people
But, what is missing in it all are a few things, two that I think would go a long way to fix this are:
– mixed filters: people engage differently and intentionally based on various things, including media type, topic of interest, content length, individual contribution, and insightful/humerous value. We need to be able to manage content streams not just by people, but by the nature of content they post.
– highlighting comments: sometimes the best content isn't a original post, but a comment on another post. There should be a way to automatically curate this sort of content similar to the 'what's hot' stream – this is the interaction value that so many people value, but is not easy to pick out. So why not make it easier for us?
Reshared post from +Max Huijgen
Out of the box into a circle: change your G+ world!
The pegs and the holes, the ones who think different, the people who will change your G+ world
A careful selection on relevance, great posts, contributions to debate, original thought and stunning images. If you follow this circle of 200, G+ will never be boring and you are in for a stream of thoughts and beauty.
The familiar faces show up, but it contains a large number of hidden gems if you dig deeper.
As a circle needs a name: "Think different: the interaction circle" will do very well.