Reshared post from +Gabriel Vasile
GOOGLE+ IT'S ALL ABOUT QUALITY
Let me show you how incredible Google+ really is. Yesterday I made a simple post for a faster understanding of Google+ that got extremelly viral and got 5000 shares in less than 24 hours: https://plus.google.com/u/0/106393478695568433143/posts/K2mCT7cSboj (video for Ripples – http://youtu.be/yF_hydqYj90)
Now keeping in mind that I'm not a popular one, having houndreds on thousands of followers (like, , , and so on) the fact that my message was viewed by tens or hundreds of thousands of people… it's truly amazing! (They probably really liked the post since very influential users like , , and shared it. BTW, thanks again guys.)
AND WHAT'S THAT HAS TO TO WITH ME?
That depends on what are you using Google+ for. You might be a person that on the long run wants somehow to increase it's brand awareness, you might be an average user looking to keep in touch with friends/family, have fun and learn new things or you might use Google+ for education. Now let's take it one by one.
I. THE AVERAGE USER
If you are an average user, using Google+ for keeping in touch with friends/family, have fun and learn new things, you should understand that
1. The activity on Google+ is truly amazing!
2. Google Plus is so much more interesting, entertaining and useful than any other social network.
3. Google Plus has more than 40 million users
4. Privacy settings are great!
For better understanding, read why I believe Google+ is better than Facebook here: https://plus.google.com/106393478695568433143/posts/iXxm2zta8gK.
Also, read how to make your friends join Google+ here: https://plus.google.com/106393478695568433143/posts/gxPbiuVxEEG and 10 Steps To Create An Awesome Google+ Profile http://www.almostsavvy.com/2011/08/16/10-steps-to-create-an-awesome-google-profile-how-to-plus/ (by )
II. EVERY USER
Google+ is not just another social network. Google+ is an identity "platform" for Google and it's THE social network. As http://venturebeat.com/2011/11/03/google-plus-is-not-a-social-network/ via .indicates, "right now you have separate profiles and logins for Blogger, Reader, YouTube and Gmail. That will soon end, to be replaced with a single account and a single login."
IGNORE GOOGLE+ AT YOUR PERIL (by)
1. My friends aren’t in G+” is no excuse.
2. +1 could fundamentally change the way we use the web.
3. “Interest orientation” may make Google+ an ideal vehicle for thought leadership & social business.
1. Open your mind.
2. Engage as an individual.
3. Get clear on your company’s “interests.”
4. Get creative
5. Stay tuned. Google brand profiles are near on the horizon. This is where it gets interesting.
THE SMARTER SOCIAL NETWORK (by)
1. The collective intelligence of the growing Google+ user pool is astonishing
2. G+ has attracted scores of brilliant people who likely had shunned previous social platforms
3. G+ is the perfect balance for comfortably connecting with interesting people
WHY GOOGLE+ HAS BECOME MY PRIMARY SOCIAL NETWORK (by https://plus.google.com/u/0/107863796156749531232/posts/3UYMZrqhEpc)
1. Ripples have shown beyond any doubt that users are using circles and that a lot of sharing and discussion happen within those.
2. G+'s users are here to share and discuss and they actually engage. I never have experienced the amount of engagemen_t that my content generates here on Google+ and that, in a way, absolutely _inspires me to create more content, be that a short one liner or more in-depth posts like this one.
3. Google+ has become not only my primary social network but also my canvas to produce new content that I then spread across other networks.
4. Google+, in these few months, has brought me knowledge, food for thought, inspiration and also a great platform to keep in touch with friends and business associates and I can't wait for the new things that the Google+ team has in mind for all of us.
5. The interaction that Google made possible with those that are developing, trouble-shooting, designing and managing Google's products here on G+ is nothing but unique. This democratization of access should be a case study to all social networks out there.
DON'T BE EVIL (OR SNEAKY)
I love Google's motto "Don't Be Evil" (meaning you can make money without doing evil – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_be_evil) and how they plan to profit by not being sneaky but by adding transparency and putting users in control: http://www.datamation.com/networks/how-google-will-profit-by-not-being-sneaky-1.html – by
III. USING GOOGLE+ FOR EDUCATION
Hangouts could be the new “Office Hours” – see the world's largest Google+ hangout with Stanford professors https://plus.google.com/108640673873589796416/posts/ceBoZE4mURU via .and Sebastian Thrun:
IV. GOOGLE+ FOR BRANDS
Very soon we'll see the long awaited Google+ Brand Pages as well. And the new ripples, Google apps availability, What's hot section and the hangouts with extras are features that will bring social conversion to the next level for Google Plus business pages and also more possibilities on Google+ to teach, learn, work, and play. (https://plus.google.com/u/0/106393478695568433143/posts/KawvKy4KGSS)
As I was saying in other posts, your influence is very important if you want to increase your brand awareness and measuring statistics, conversions and influence it's very important for somebody willing to increase it's brand awareness.
Best time to post on Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/106393478695568433143/posts/cw5SFy6jyWd,
reaching your audience easier https://plus.google.com/106393478695568433143/posts/S1W9Cn8Zcic
getting to be more influential https://plus.google.com/106393478695568433143/posts/DyjDykThWD8
and Social Media Analytics for G+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/105279625231358353479/posts/RuKgeRQH4wz
are things that can not be ignored.
Not only that Google+ it's already great, but it becomes better and better, the Google+ team rolling out new features on a consistent basis. What I also love about Google+ is that everybody is free to give feedback like I did in the post "Introducing filters for a better What's hot section" https://plus.google.com/u/0/106393478695568433143/posts/6w4eHzuoEbk
I could go on and talk about Google+ for days, but this post got really big already. What I'm actually trying to say is that Google+ is not just another social network… Google+ is the future!
Whether you like it or not, Google+ it's still all about quality, it still grows exponentially, it still is extremelly useful and entertaining and it still gets more and more activity every day!
Love it, preach it, share it!
PS: Feel free to give some feedback on the original post: https://plus.google.com/u/0/106393478695568433143/posts/drsnunqbFT6
Other useful posts: #gvgpUseful